Services We Offer
- (1) Architectural Consulting
- - Feasibility Studies
- - Preliminary Layouts
- - Presentation Drawings
- - Construction Drawings
- - Permit Drawings
- (2) 3D Modeling / Rendering
- - Provide realistic view of your project
- - Provide more understanding of the design Layouts
- - Great for space planning, etc.
- (3) Quantity Survey
- - Calculating the material cost
- (4) Construction Management
- - Monitor the cost of construction & material usage
- - Manage the entire construction process & quality control
- - Providing progress report and making sure everything runs accordingly from start to finish
What is a Survey & why do I need one?
- A survey is a plan of your property that shows the outline of your home, the setbacks from the property line to the existing home and immediate neighbors.
- The first thing we ask when you inquire about making alterations to your home is a Survey.
- A Survey helps us determine what zoning issues if any you have when we take your project on and if it's possible to do what you intend to do.
- Not everyone has a Survey, if you don't have one we can help you get one, give us a call.
How long does it take to get a Building Permit?
A building permit takes, 5 to 20 days depending on its class & size determination.
Providing meets zoning requirements & submitted drawings provide all the necessary information.
- 5 days - Residential fast track, maximum 100 m2 (1076 sq...Ft.) Additions, interior alterations to 1 or 2 Family Dwellings.
- 10 days - Single Family Residential Dwelling.
- 15 days - Part 9 Buildings, Multi Family Residential, and Commercial & Industrial less than 600 m2 & not over 3 stories.
- 20 days - Part 3 Buildings, Residential, Commercial & Industrial over 600 m2 & more than 3 stories.
Other Approvals may be required as part of the Building permit process.
- Heritage Approval, when the property is designated under the Heritage act.
- Ravine Clearance with Toronto region & conservation Authority, when property is in a controlled area.
- Tree Clearance where deposits are taken and given back after a period of completion, in the event trees sustain injury or die from construction related abuse.
Fast Track Building Permits.
- We provide Fast Track Building permits within 5 days once plans are completed.
- Providing the proposed work comply with the requirements above.
- Give us a call to assess your own situation.
How long is a Permit valid for?
- You have twelve months to begin the work through Council Resolution CR1429/92.
- The permit continues as long as the work is "on-going".
- Work which has not progressed for six months is considered not "on-going" and eligible to be revoked by the Building Department.
You need a permit for almost everything.
- Replacement of windows, doors, Roofing or Siding, floor or ceiling finishes.
- Fences, other than Pool Enclosures.
- Kitchen or bathroom cupboards without plumbing.
- Excavation around the home for the purpose of waterproofing.
- Solar Panels that are less than 5 pounds per square foot in weight.
Residential Building permits cost?
- The minimum current fee is $107.05.
- Renovation work is $4.02/ m2 & New work is $16.06/ m2.
- Basement Finishing $5.36/ m2, Underpinning $10.70 / lineal meter. But fees Changes every year.
Why do I need a Building Permit?
- To ensure that construction is within your municipality and meets with standards set out in the Ontario Building Code.
- To ensure that zoning requirements, fire and structural safety standards & other building standards are meets The Ontario Building Code Act requires that a homeowner obtain a building permit prior to commencing to construction.
Remember, as the Building owner, you are responsible for complying with all Building requirements. Failure to obtain Building Permits can result in costly construction delays and/or legal actions.
When do I need a Building Permit?
A building permit is required for the change of use, Construction, Demolition of any building or addition, alterations, signs, the installation of fireplaces & wood-burning stoves, sundecks, etc., as well as for new heating & plumbing installations or alterations.
Contact Us Today for further consultation.